Our client, located in Pittsburgh, PA. is looking for a Project Manager to join their growing team. Financial experience is a plus but looking for a strong PM who fits the skill sets listed below. This is a true contract to hire so GC or US Citizens only.
Manage the complete lifecycle of IT discrete projects according to the Company Project Management Methodology, and occasionally perform business systems analysis work as needed. Typical projects are moderately well defined, moderate in complexity, less than 1 year in duration, and involve multiple functional areas; examples include (multiple server replacements, new system implementation/development that supports multiple business units, and updates to products that span across multiple areas of the infrastructure). Assist their reporting manager with various tasks and assignments related to the vendors, applications, technologies and processes associated with this area of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve high level understanding of project work being requested
- Obtain senior management approval for work being initiated
- Work with project sponsor to define project scope
- Prepare and submit scope document for approval
- Coordinate, prepare and participate in Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) meeting
- Facilitate WBS meetings, as required
- Prepare project schedule and all required project planning documents including preparing and adhering to Funding Request process, preparing risk analysis and adjusting schedule to account for risk in project baseline
- Execute project plan on schedule and within budget with utilization of scope, time, quality and cost constraints
- Communicate status to stakeholders according to project communication plan
- Escalate project issues to sponsor, vendor, program manager, functional manager and/or senior management, if appropriate
- Ensure that goals and deliverables as described on project scope document are met
- Actively manage material changes to scope and schedule
Other Duties as Assigned
- Conduct closing meeting with project team
- Perform all project closure activities including providing functional managers feedback on performance of their resources and recognizing project team and/or key members for successful results
- Outside of the Project Management Methodology, perform various tasks and assignments related to Vendors, Applications, Technology and Process that are typically related to the “reports to Manager” area of responsibility
Decision Making Authority
This position is responsible for making appropriate decisions as it relates to the project. Requires a high degree of independence on complex projects, tasks and issues with general direction. This position requires the individual to provide input into project team performance evaluations.