Our client has a vacancy for a WebSphere Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and upgrades to the portfolio of financial management applications. This is a full-time perm opportunity. Must have college degree, live local to NYC and be vaccinated.
Primary Responsibilities include: This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of our Middleware infrastructure (IBM WebSphere and MQ). Tasks will include supporting the infrastructure of critical citywide applications. This person will function as one of the technical administrators for the group and work with various teams and will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
• 5+ years' experience of Middleware administration specifically in WebSphere Application Server on Linux or UNIX based platforms.
• Hands on experience installing, configuring, and administering middleware products like IBM MQ, IBM HTTPServer, IBM WebSphere in a UNIX environment.
• Perform Middleware application upgrades and patch installations.
• Must have experience in deploying web and enterprise archive applications in cluster and non-cluster environments.
• Must have experience in configuring data sources for different vendor databases.
• Must have experience in managing SSL digital certificates in IBM WAS.
• Experience in understanding and debugging Java errors.
• Knowledge of WebSphere Horizontal/vertical Clustering, Webseal, and Tivoli Access Manager is preferred.
Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is highly desirable:
Business Objects, BMC Patrol/WebSphereKM, WordPress, and Unix shell scripting.
• Good understanding of relational database concepts and experience in SQL.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Previous experience working with an enterprise wide, large scale environment.
• Ability to perform detailed Root Cause Analysis of problems.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide status updates required.
• Ability to work to quickly learn new applications and resolve issues.
• Ability to clearly document and explain symptoms and solutions to complex problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Candidate will be self-motivated and find answers on his/her own.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems.