Responsibilities of this position include creating, enhancing, and supporting both internally developed and vendor-hosted applications. The systems support the overall investment process by providing the capability to capture key information, enable workflows and approvals, and expose data through reporting and analytics tools. The candidate will be part of a team that works with Business Analysts, Investment Professionals, Operations, Quality Assurance Testers and other System Professionals. The candidate will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving support issues as needed.
The Technical Lead will provide comprehensive consultation on all phases of the project development cycle, work closely with other members of the development team (comprised of full time employees, offshore and onsite consultants), help translate business requirements into technical solutions, and assist with identifying and steering the direction and selection of platforms, languages, and tools. The candidate is also expected to create generic, reusable code stacks when appropriate and/or integrate purchased solutions.
The Technical Lead is expected to document (as needed), unit test, and provide on-going support for the applications. The candidate will work closely with management to help formulate strategic architectural decisions which will support current and future business needs, and influence the technical direction of system implementations.
Knowledge of design patterns, best practices, and Software Development Lifecycle is required.
- Analyze business requirements and help to determine implementation strategies
- Understand and follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Information Technology team and business partners
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Leverage past experience in order to resolve problems or generate new ideas
- Perform adequate unit testing on developed code
- Contribute in building solution architecture proposals, design discussions, and code reviews
- Provide technical support for Production issues resulting from new deployments or other scenarios, and implementing fixes to prevent future outages