Our client is looking for an Information Security Automation Development Specialist to work in Columbus, OH, on a 6-12 month project.
Candidates must be US Citizens and must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check and drug test.
- Develops and writes/codes new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs following software assurance best practices.
- Assists in identifying processes as candidates for automations/ orchestration within the Office of Security and Privacy.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develops, creates, maintains, and writes/codes new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, scripts or specialized utility programs.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Author Microsoft Visio diagrams of process flows and system functions.
- Consult with engineering, architects and incident response staff to evaluate interface between disparate software and/or hardware platforms.
- Performs other related duties as needed: assists with maintaining call list, representing the organization to internal and external customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- REST API usage
- Service Now Development Experience is a plus
- Cloud usage (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques
- Common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, etc.)
- Knowledge of complex data structures.
- New and emerging IT and information security technologies.
- Knowledge of low-level computer languages (e.g., assembly languages)
- Knowledge of programming language structures and logic.
- Knowledge of software debugging principles.
- Knowledge of software design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of software engineering.
- Operation of microcomputers & peripheral equipment
- Skill in conducting software debugging. Skill in creating programs that validate and process multiple inputs including command line arguments, environmental variables, and input streams.
Other Job Requirements
Preferred major of study: Software Development,
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions
- Interpret a variety of instructions in written or oral form
- Deal with many variables & determine specific actions
- Organize information from a variety of sources into clear, concise, accurate & meaningful summaries
- Communicate orally & in writing on technical & non-technical matters-
- Use proper research methods in gathering data.
- Tailor code analysis for application-specific concerns.
- Use and understand complex mathematical concepts (e.g., discrete math
- Develop secure software according to secure software deployment methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).