In this role, you will work with relevant teams within Client to identify, track and report on Cyber security events, incidents, and emerging threats. The focus will be to leverage comprehensive data provided across the enterprise and to report high risk information to the CISO leadership team for awareness. You will be working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
YOUR ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Work closely with internal teams to analyze reported events, incidents or threats to managed systems.
- Knowledge and experience in working across teams (threat Intel, threat hunt, SOC and CISRT) to ensure teams are collaborating and information flowing.
- Data gathering and perform analysis on Cybersecurity incidents and/or alerts looking for threats and identifying risk
- Provide information and reports on Cybersecurity incidents, trends and risks to CISO Management and appropriate business teams
- Utilize trends and metrics to enhance security posture (Incident lessons learned, root cause analysis, etc.
- Ability to recognize, understand and ensure urgent actions are being taken on high priority Cybersecurity incidents or threats
- Ability to effectively communicate sequence of events, status and actions as appropriate
- Ability to collaborate in a virtual team and interface with multitude of stakeholders within or outside the Security Operations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Comfortable with multitasking or adjusting priorities, be self-driven, have initiative to drive progress and look for opportunities for improvement
- Experience in analyzing large amounts of data
- Experience with industrial taxonomies like Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE’s ATT&CK, NIST, and SANS
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to translate security impacts to the wider business
- Ability to understand end-to-end threat landscape
- Ability to identify and act urgently to high-priority cyber security incidents
- Knowledge of security controls, how they can be monitored, and thwarted
- Knowledge on vulnerability detection and response
- Knowledgeable in Cybersecurity metrics and reporting
Technical and Professional Experience:
- Analytical, logical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge of cyber security threats and threat actors
- Knowledge on malware-analysis and malware functionalities
- Knowledge on native system and network policies
- Basic knowledge on scripting languages like Bash, Python and PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to present cybersecurity technical information to a business audience
- Recognizing and categorizing types of cyber security threats and vulnerabilities and applying the appropriate risk
- Strong understanding of a heterogeneous complex network infrastructure
- Takes an active part in the gathering, analysis, and communication of incident trends
- Provide intelligence information to other areas of the business on threats and where there are risks to the environment
- Coordinates the planning, development and production of communication materials using various communication