Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer to plan, develop and enhance strategic financial modeling platform, which is built on latest AWS Cloud using Python, C++, Cassandra, RedShift, Big Data, and AI technologies. The platform enables the creation of standardized reusable modeling components with built in capability to analyze results based on historical data and logic. It is actively used to build and deploy Artificial Intelligence, Machine Leaning and Financial models by CIO Quant modelers and core team developers, who are power users and experts in their areas.
The team is looking to build new features and core capabilities and expand the platform to other client groups. In this role, the candidate will work with various internal groups to deliver architecture, design, development and test artifacts.
- Design and develop software programs and database objects.
- Recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Partner with developers, quantitative modelers and business users across Prudential to develop core frameworks, enhance models, analyze data, validate performance and security requirements, and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in standard SDLC process using agile methodology and test-driven approach.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies through design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Additional responsibilities include documentation of deliverables and participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following languages: Python(preferred), Java, C#, C++
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design concepts, patterns, and software architecture.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Python 3.x (Pandas, Jupyter, and other data science packages)
- Knowledge of data management systems such as SQL server, Oracle etc.
- Knowledge of financial concepts: stock market, trading concepts, financial instruments, derivatives, hedge funds