Our Client, a fortune 500 company, is looking for a Windows and VMware Engineer to support a Fixed Income Trade Floor. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing technical expertise with responsibilities on one or more of these areas: support of infrastructure applications and or technologies design, planning, development, installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, capacity planning, troubleshooting, problem resolution, business continuity, disaster recovery, backup and fail over in accordance with enterprise standards. Work with other enterprise support groups to develop policies and procedures relevant to managing the infrastructure technology. Technologies may include but are not limited to all Operating Systems, IT Infrastructure, Virtual Technologies, End User Computing Platforms, Automation Tools, Application Performance, Management Tools, Middleware, etc. Will be regarded as the technical expert in their field. Anticipates business and or regulatory issues, recommends product, process, or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. May lead projects with notable risk and complexity.
Primary Role responsibilities
- Project engineering, management and research for all Windows, VMware, & Storage projects.
- Oversee, support, maintain, and enhance the Windows, VMware, & Storage systems infrastructure.
- Utilize scripting to create custom solutions to ensure standardization and optimization of tasks.
- Assist other team members in managing Windows, VMware, & Storage systems (NetApp).
- Provide in-depth root cause analysis as necessary within specialist realms.
- Provide troubleshooting techniques to yield timely results.
- Use VMWare native tools (vCenter) to template / deploy / configure / manage Windows & storage Virtual Machines.
- Use NetApp and VMWare tools (NetApp VSC within vCenter) to configure SnapMirror/VM replication and Snapshots
- Use VMware Site Recover Manager (SRM) and components for failover and testing of systems in remote data centers.
- Provide support for Dev, QA, Production and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Establish and augment monitoring of all systems using appropriate reporting & monitoring tools to provide highly stable environments.
- Action requests for new Windows, storage systems, cross-training other team members as necessary.
- Provide input and support for infrastructure and application development projects that require Windows infrastructure.
- Maintain market & industry awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business.
- Datacenter engineering - logistics, planning, monitoring (power / environmental / security).
- Liaise with appropriate application development representatives to optimize value to the business.
- Liaise with third party vendor operations management.
- On-site daily coverage with overnight and weekend on-call support as needed.
- Maintain good working relationships.
- Strong documentation skills
Additional Role responsibilities
- Daily checkout of Server Functions and Market Data Services
- Cloud initiatives
- Server Room Infrastructure support
- Provide support for Business Continuation sites and events.
- A minimum of 7 years in a senior role engineering and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems.
- A minimum of 7 years in a senior role engineering and supporting VMware Operating Systems.
- Advanced experience with VMWare ESXi and various components such as Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA), etc…
- A strong background with Clustered OnTap (cDOT) storage for CIFS and NFS (VMware datastores)
- Strong proficiency with scripting languages à Powershell (and DSC) / vbScript
- Proven Project Management experience
- Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- HP ProLiant tools (HP Systems Insight Manager, Insight Remote Support, iLO, etc…)
- Microsoft OS Support Software: SCCM, SQL reporting services, .NET
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Generic financial systems, market data experience an advantage.
- Symantec NetBackup 8.x
- Additional scripting skills: Examples: docker, puppet, .NET, C++, WinBatch, KiXtart