A leading Client Solutions provider in the Greater New York area is looking for an innovative File Services Engineer to fill a vacancy within the Hybrid IT department. This individual will bring an ability to provide creative technical solutions in the File system space for large and small enterprises.
The ideal candidate will be have a background which includes hands-on experience in architecting and implementing storage solutions satisfying the needs of Windows and Unix applications users. This person will be able to collaborate with the client, outside vendors, and colleagues to identify the appropriate solutions to the client’s challenges. The candidate will have an understanding of on-premises solutions as well as cloud-based initiatives. We are looking for an adaptive individual that works well with multiple groups but has the drive to push ideas from conception to production.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with Client Solutions Executives on pre-sales solution development
- Independent presentation and communication of architected solution to both clients and peers
- Partnering with Practice Groups to develop post sales services engagements
- Conduct post sales services engagements (up to 25% of total time)
- Develop strong team relationships within MSI as well as with clients and vendors
- Working on identified conflicts and issues within the current environment
- Stay current on available technologies for future use
The desired skillset will include:
- File system technologies including: NetApp, IBM Spectrum Scale, IBM Cloud Object Storage, and Data Protection.
- Working knowledge of CIFS, NFS, and S3 protocols
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Candidate must have a technologist mindset with aptitude to work on complex projects while possessing organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Superior analytical, data analysis, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to using and analyzing data
- Strong analysis, design and debugging capabilities
- Process-centric individual
- Familiar with Cloud based technologies inclusive of AWS, Google and Azure
- Working knowledge of storage monitoring tools and management
- Knowledge and understanding of virtualization, automation, data analytics, enterprise storage, and networks.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to cross-train other members.
- BS, Information Systems or related degree.
- Knowledge and/or light experience with scripting technologies such as PowerShell, JSON, .Net or Python
- 3-5 years of experience in a Technology Solutions organization.