STORAGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Network Attached Storage (NAS) Subject Matter Expert (SME).
SME will design, architect and manage NAS based software and hardware implementations. Other responsibilities would include support, troubleshooting, monitoring, reporting, alerting, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
Experience in the following areas required:
Experience in any of the following would be a plus but not required:
- Architecting, Planning, Design & Implementing storage solutions.
- Create Architecture Drawings and Workflows
- Network Attached Storage, specifically NetApp and/or IBM N-Series
- NetApp/N-Series Software Capabilities
- CIFS Protocol
- NFS Protocol
- Storage Efficiencies
- OnCommand Unified Manger
- Protection Manager
- Performance Advisor
- NetApp Synergy
- NetApp Hardware Universe
- IBM, Hitachi, EMC NAS Storage devices
- IBM V7000 Unified
- IBM SONAS
- IBM GPFS – Elastic Storage
- UNIX (AIX, Solaris, Linux) Operating Systems
- Windows Operating Systems
- Strong PC technical skills – MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Project