Our client, a medical device company, is seeking a Healthcare Solutions Sales Specialist for a fully remote position. The individual will spend the majority of their time on the road visiting clients. Ideal candidate will have 2 years’ experience preferably in the medical device field.
Responsible for contributing to the Company's strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service through the sale of our products to targeted accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned territory. Aids in exceeding established territory and regional sales objectives.
Principal Duties Responsibilities:
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Calls on customers and prospects; provides technical, education, marketing and administrative product information and demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices. Particular focus on large / medium potential accounts and other contracted accounts, spending approximately 80% of work time meeting with them - usually in a healthcare facility.
- Responds to customer needs, influences customer decision making criteria, resolves problems in accordance with Company policy, and acts as liaison between customer and Marketing, Surgical Business Unit, Customer Service, and Credit departments.
- Work in partnership with the Surgical Asset Consultant as well as other SBA team members to ensure a coordinated approach to project/customer.
- Remains informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers; monitors and gathers information on competitive activity.
- Develops relationships with appropriate personnel within target accounts.
- Maintains CRM account records and reports activities and submits as required by the Company.
- Manages and submits sales expenses in accordance with budget and company policy.
- Monitors and gathers information on competitor activity.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Effectively manages personal sample inventory and ensure product is returned per company policy.
- Attends training sessions as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain credentialing within assigned accounts.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car and work occasional weekends.
- Must possess a valid government issued driver’s license and passport. Requires excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, client will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Associates Degree required; B.A./B.S. preferred; preferably in business/marketing or biological/physiological sciences.
- At minimum two years of previous sales experience, preferably in the healthcare or business to business setting.
- Account management skills, which include problem solving, customer relations, and budgeting activities.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.