View all jobs
Senior SQL DBAWarrendale, PA · Information Technology
Our client is seeking a full time Sr. SQL DBA for a direct perm opportunity. Pittsburgh area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related academic area or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server database administration experience required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database recovery, architecture, optimization and turning required
- Experience with query tuning required
- Experience with capacity planning required
- Seasoned knowledge of SQL required
- Experience implementing solutions using infrastructure as code required
- Install, configure, and administer database software within a multi database client/server environment
- Work within cross-functional teams to implement ci/cd practices in support of data solutions
- Responsible for database recovery methodologies and the ability to perform each.
- Establish and may administer database security.
- Monitor and optimize database performance.
- Create and/or tune complex queries.
- Work closely with application teams to provide input and oversight responsibility with the logical and physical database design.
- Understand the application use of the associated databases and database technologies.
- Review and assess the impact of database design and development of complex SQL.
- Plan and implement database disaster recovery.
- Perform long-term strategic planning for: database growth, database upgrades, operating system upgrades, hardware capacity, and hardware migrations.
- Participate in the research, evaluation, and purchase of future database platforms.
- Work closely with application teams to provide integrated planning for operating system grades, database upgrades, applications upgrades, and hardware migrations.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties for system support.