Our client is seeking a Project Manager for a fulltime perm position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or Information Science or equivalent experience in an IT environment required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology project management required.
- Experience preferred across Financial Investment Management, including Money Market, Fixed Income, and Equity products.
- Experience managing both software development projects and infrastructure projects preferred.
- Project management experience through the entire project life cycle required; both waterfall methodology and SCRUM methodology preferred.
- Experience with enterprise Project Management tools required; experience with Primavera preferred.
- Manage multiple medium to large size projects through the entire project life cycle.
- Work with business stakeholders and project sponsor during the Initiate/Define phase to achieve a high-level understanding of the project work being requested.
- Obtain Senior Management approval for the work being initiated and prepare and submit scope documents for approval.
- Prepare the project schedule and all required project planning documents. This includes preparing and adhering to Federated Funding Request process, preparing risk analysis and adjusting the schedule to account for risk in the project baseline.
- Coordinate, prepare and lead the discussions and meetings to define the work activities and organization of those activities (Work Breakdown Structure meetings). Prepare the project schedule and all required project documentation, including funding and budget, risk analysis, and other documentation as required.
- Execute the project plan on schedule and within budget with effective management of scope, time, quality and cost constraints.
- Communicate status to all stakeholders according to the project communication plan.
- Escalate project issues to the sponsor, vendor, program manager, functional manager and/or senior management, if appropriate. Ensure that the goals and deliverables as described on the project scope document are met.
- Actively manage material changes to the scope and schedule.
- Conduct closing meetings as required with the project team.
- Perform all project closure activities including functional managers’ feedback on performance of their resources and recognizing project team and/or key members for successful results
- May assist with requirements gathering, user acceptance testing and/or leading meetings with our Centers of Excellence teams.