Our client is looking for a Program Manager for a 12 month contract assignment. Position is located in Dallas TX, this is remote but may have to travel into Dallas once a quarter.
Responsibilities and Activities for Program Manager
1. Program Planning and Governance:
• Project Plan: Maintain project plan and project schedule in conjunction with internal & external business and technology partners. Organize the Project Team by maintaining weekly task management tracker and helping drive open items to completion.
• Steering Group Materials: Compile deck for Steering Group Meetings. Report on the completed activities, ongoing activities, risks, upcoming milestones, and decisions (amongst others). Circulate meeting notes to meeting invitees after the meeting highlighting salient decisions and action items.
• Steering Group Meetings: Lead and moderate Steering Group discussions and ensure all topics are covered.
• JIRA: Oversee JIRA hygiene/adherence. Ensure effective program reporting is being run out of Jira, requesting process changes of development team as needed.
• Program Increment Planning: Organize and plan all Program Increment planning events. Work with development team to plan agenda for event. Help determine which resources should attend event in person. Help team coordinate travel and lodging as needed. Work with local administrative assistants to book rooms and coordinate group meals for all meeting attendees. Help lead Program Increment ceremonies.
• Project Charter: Maintain the Project Charter and Ensure all changes are logged and made to the document with appropriate approvals.
• Communications: Establish and maintain effective communication and alignment mechanisms with senior IT and business stakeholders, sponsors, and vendors. Maintain project artifacts and facilitate coordination of project activities. Facilitate senior leadership meetings (e.g. project steering committee, etc.) and distribute meeting notes after meetings. Schedule design sessions and necessary agile meetings with appropriate stakeholders.
2. Agile Project Execution:
• RAID Log: Maintain project RAID log, capturing all pertinent program risks, actions, issues, and decisions. Follow up on open items and interface with different stakeholders to drive open items to completion. Escalate program needs/blockers to appropriate decision makers.
• Project Costs: Assist with the ongoing project cost tracking ensuring all pertinent costs are recorded in the project cost tracker and properly recorded by Finance. Track ongoing spend in relation to the budget.
• Review Development Team KPIs. Highlight trends, risks, and key takeaways / observations for senior program stakeholders. Assist in maintenance of Vendor SOW Tracker(s) by facilitating meetings with Stakeholders and documenting consensus reached in Sprint Retro meetings.
• Release Planning: Assist the team with preparation of materials needed for new Releases. Help draft Release Notes and updates to the Platform Guide. Help draft communications sent to business users announcing the release of new functionality. Coordinate publishing updates to the Omnia Resource Center SharePoint.