Our Client is looking for a QA lead Analyst for a contract to hire opportunity.
Job Description: The QA Lead will oversee the execution and coordination of day-to-day and scheduled tasks of scrum team. This is a 'hands-on role. The person who will succeed in this role will have an excellent work ethic and be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new processes/technologies quickly and adapt to a growing and evolving team. This person should be able to demonstrate strong logical and creative problem solving abilities, good oral and written communication, and excellent analytical skills. To lead effectively, the *QA* Lead will have to be a team player and be able to work cross-functionally in a fast paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Developing Quality Management plans and test strategy for each sprint/release, review test plans and conduct peer reviews of plans & test cases.
• Working with Product owners to ensure business requirements are adequate & ensure test cases are developed according to standards ' for both manual and automated.
• Providing test estimates to Scrum Masters, Development leads in preparation of the delivery timelines for Sprint/Release
• Update Quality Tools with requirement traceability, test cases, test sets and defects according to QA standards & report status on the QA review report.
• Hands on test creation and execution of user stories (Smoke, Functional Integration, Regression testing) and logging defects
• Engage Product owners and Development Leads in defect resolution & Lead defect review calls. Coordinate tasks with Newark resources
• Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization & Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools.
• Assisting Testing COE units for Non functional QA phases (Performance, Security, Accessibility)
• Accountable for ensuring that NF phases testing aligns with overall project test strategy with in defined quality standards.
• Provide guidance around QA strategies, proactive governance, and risk management for overall quality delivery of platform applications. Working collaboratively across scrums teams and testing team for our partner BUs to ensure success by applying best practice principals, and techniques.
• Automate testing and integrate with CI/CD pipelines.
• Self Development and Training Qualifications:
• B S. /B.A. or M.A. /M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 7+ years overall experience for the execution and control of all aspects of testing and comprehensive regression testing before any changes are released to the Production environment.
• Expertise in Web based and Mobile testing, knowledge of J2EE applications testing
• Experience with testing RESTful micro-services architecture on the cloud and SQL queries for RDBMS
• Closely works with Business teams to ensure that all core business requirements are satisfied, new business needs are proactively supported and new functionality are delivered with an exceptional quality.
• Support the entire delivery effort during all project stages, ensuring that in areas of assigned responsibility milestones and related sign-offs are achieved on a timely basis and in accordance with current project plan
• Tenacity; ability to work through problems and reach win-win solutions.
• Solid understanding of software quality management principles (tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training).
• Big picture orientation with the ability to work at the detail level when needed
• Working with external vendors and offshore teams to ensure high quality products are delivered
• Good working knowledge of test automation processes, concepts, and tools such as Selenium, TestNG, Jmeter, FitNesse, Postman.
• Experience with multiple development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid) & different tools (HP-ALM, JIRA, Confluence )