Our client is seeking a a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire. If you are interested in working for a fortune 500 Company and converting to a perm employee please apply.
Your Required Skills:
- Build new and existing applications in preparation for a launch of new business.
- Align with the business teams and rest of the AMFMCT teams in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Help build new enterprise Datawarehouse and maintain the existing one.
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set and be forward think about the convergence strategy with our AWS cloud implementation.
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
Your Desired Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in building out Data pipelines in Java/Scala
- 5 + years of experience working in AWS Cloud especially services like S3, EMR, Lambda, AWS Glue and StepFunctions.
- 5+ years of experience with Spark
- Exposed to working in an Agile environment with Scrum Master/Product owner and ability to deliver
- Strong Experience with data lake/data marts/data warehouse
- Ability to communicate the status and challenges and align with the team
- Demonstrating the ability to learn new skills and work as a team
- Experience working in Hadoop or other Big data platforms
- Exposure to deploying code through pipeline
- Good exposure to Containers like ECS or Docker
- Direct experience supporting multiple business units for foundational data work and sound understanding of capital markets within Fixed Income
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or a related field.
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle. Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big Data and visualization platforms.
- Java is must and also should have UI experience
- BS in Computer Science or related area; 5-8 years software development experience; Minimum 2 Year Experience on Big Data Platform; Proficiency with Java, Python, Scala, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, ETL, Kafka, Mongo, Postgres. Visualization technologies etc.
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Understanding of various Visualization platform (Tableau, D3JS, others)
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Excellent technical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill sets / technologies: Programming language -- Java (must), Python, Scala, Ruby; Batch processing -- Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark; Stream processing -- Apache Storm, AKKA, Samza, Spark streaming; NoSQL -- HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak,; ETL Tools Data Stage, Informatica; Code/Build/Deployment -git, hg, svn, maven, sbt, jenkins, bamboo