Extranet Colocation Migration Engineer for a 6 month contract.
• Engineer expected to partner w/ existing team in migrating our B2B Extranet connections to a new Colocation Data Center and support migrations
• Manage participation of daily agile ceremonies and migration project meetings to work towards agreed upon migration strategy and cutover dates.
• Manage Split Managed Site to Site VPN connections support on Cisco Routers or Firewalls and manage migration along w/ troubleshooting skills
• Managed Cisco FMC & FTD Firewall Policy and Administration as it pertains to site migration requirements.
• Perform site log analysis as well as Firewall configuration and prepare new configs for Colo Migrations.
• Support and provision Cisco network ACI Fabric and NSO / APIC Support Experience
• Ethernet WAN provisioning and turnup experience
• Develop site documentation for production turnover support
• Assist customers in troubleshooting connectivity issues leveraging log data as it relates to firewall policy definition requirements and navigate through various security processes.
• Top candidates will have 5-10 years experience in direct support of Extranet B2B & Internet DMZs Cisco Firewall ACLs, and network security for business to business corporate connectivity.
• Basic knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Cisco ASAs, Cisco Firepower FTD, Cisco FMC, Cisco NSO, Cisco APIC, IPSec, S2S VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, SNMP, TFTP, VMWare protocols, Windows Networking, and various other apps as deployed in large complex firewalled networks.
• Agile, Scrum, Kanban experience
• Python, Json, Bitbucket, coding and/or DevOps experience
• Various network and/or security certifications
• 100% Remote - Available to work off hours and on weekends to implement projects within the Company's change management windows and to address our international business partner's hours. (9PM weeknights or weekends for some types of changes that must be managed outside of business hours, including actual migrations)
• Flexible work schedule and remote office work.
• High Speed Internet Access at home required for telecommuting.
• Engineer expected to use Service Now change management system for tracking of every change made to a Prudential network device.
• Assist engineering team in documentation, testing, implementation, and on-going support for our complex secured network systems.
• Engineer is expected to learn our standards and lead Information Security front line policy enforcement and standard process redirection.
• Ability to work well within work group as well as with peer IT groups (Unix, Windows, Desktop, Mainframe, Telephony, etc.) to complete large multi-disciplined projects on time.
• Support will include planning teleconference calls w/ our clients and customers while testing, implementing, or performing troubleshooting support of our networks.
• Daily use of Service Now, Lotus Notes, home grown web tools, Jira, Confluence, Visio, MS Office, and Microsoft O365 applications.
• Engineer must have solid communication skills both written and verbal and expected to lead business conversation w/ senior technical as well as non-technical audiences
• Engineer may need to lead planning and troubleshooting calls beyond network support needs but representing the application level as much as possible.
• Layer 3 & 4 Application Knowledge & Support: VM Ware Client, vCenter, VSphere, Connect Direct/NDM, Cyberfusion, MQ, FIX, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, Citrix ICA, RDP, Lotus Notes, and various customer specific applications.
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested.