View all jobs
Sr. Application SpecialistBradford Woods, PA
Our client is looking for a Sr. Application Specialist for a direct perm opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a comparable technical/engineering field, or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of programming experience in Oracle PL/SQL 11g or 12c required
- Experience with SQL (Structured Query Language) required
- Experience with Linux shell scripting preferred
- Experience with job scheduling tools (e.g. BMC Control-M) preferred
- Experience with a high level programming language (C or C++ or C#.NET) with Object-Oriented programming skills preferred
- Experience with PowerShell and the SharePoint PowerShell plugin preferred
- Experience with SQL Server (2008 and 2012) required
- Knowledge of Investment Management systems (Eagle, Charles River, etc.) preferred
- Design, write, modify, test and maintain programs, scripts and modules to meet changing business needs with some guidance.
- Prepare test data and implement test scripts.
- Develop and publish database, program, script and test specifications
- Effectively utilizes and optimizes system resources appropriate to the business need at hand.
- Adhere to departmental System Development Life Cycle standards (programming, turnover, testing, documentation, incident reporting, etc.)
- Maintain current understanding of programming, analytical and related development techniques appropriate to this position
- Perform incident management, root cause analysis, system enhancements and bug fixes
- 2nd and 3rd level On-Call off hours support on a rotational basis