Our client is seeking a Project Coordinator for a full-time direct hire position to join their growing team.
The Project Coordinator will interact with functions and sub-functions and others to coordinate project efforts including implementation, upgrades, system patches and larger projects not defined in this scope. The Coordinator will also be responsible for working with vendors, consultants and other outside resources in conjunction with inside resources to deliver projects to their desired outcome within given timelines.
Responsible for assisting with organizing and delivering quality systems solutions to our internal customers. This position will also work closely with the IS, Director of PMO and IS, Senior Project Manager who will provide additional direction for scoping out initiatives, creating project plans, scheduling tasks and resources to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
Within CONNECT Program
Overall Project and Portfolio Management
- Contribute to project planning, monitoring and evaluating overall project.
- Prepare, review and main project documentation and reports.
- Analyze project data and produce insights to optimize performance.
- Attend daily calls/meetings with project teams on assigned task status and issue resolution with designated team members and internal stakeholders. Will facilitate meetings as needed.
- Provide operational support such as liaising with stakeholders, tracking timelines, etc.
- Provide administrative support such time tracking and reporting of consulting and internal labor, maintaining team inbox/calendaring and coordinating workshops
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist PMO Director with monitoring and reporting of multiple approved concurrent projects within the portfolio.
- Communicate tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation utilizing PMO practices for projects within the portfolio to designated stakeholders.
- Utilized as subject matter expert in PM software, Sharepoint, and any other PM utilized tool.
- Train and educate stakeholders on new features and functionality in PM tools and HR Systems, as needed.
- Project Coordination
- Agile Project Management (is a plus)
- General knowledge of IT, DevOps and Development processes
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge in the use of Excel, Word, Gantt charts and PowerPoint.
- No travel requirements anticipated.
- Normal office environment
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
- Required to have 3-5 years of experience in a project coordination role
- Some experience in working with vendors and developers is a plus
- High School diploma required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Entry level Project management certification is a plus