- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor degree in related business field accompanied with technology or business system specific related experience.
- Typically 2 - 5 years of experience:
- Systems analysis or other relevant experience
- Writing technical and/or business documentation.
- Experience on at least one significant team-oriented systems or business related project
Product Knowledge Skill
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products HTML, help authoring tools
- Awareness of analysis methodologies including concepts such as entity-relationship.
- Exhibits competency with basic modeling techniques (e.g., data modeling, process modeling) and tools as required.
- Expected to show some appreciation for the aesthetics of the analysis, design and/or modeling techniques used.
- Strong decision-making, analytical and technical skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Competent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, management and the business of the organization (verbal & written)
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to work independently when required, and also as part of a team
- Demonstrate cooperative attitude and effective interpersonal and communication skills with clients and co-workers
- Competently use of SQL and/or other tools to exploit database technologies and information gathering.
- Ability to multi-task projects and priorities with minimal direction.
- With minimal direction, demonstrates strong decision making skills
- Competent problem solving skills
|Hours Of Work
- Ability to work core business hours
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work competently with general supervision.
- Work collaboratively with Business, Business Analysts, QA Analysts, Development, and others as needed
- Process and demonstrate competent written and oral skills.
- Adhere to and advance departmental standards (designs, specifications, testing, documentation, incident reporting, etc.).
- Maintain a current understanding of analytical and design techniques appropriate to this position.
- Interacts effectively with end users and other members of BISD.
- Mentors less experienced business systems analysts.
- Collaborate with Business, Business Analysts, Developers and QA Analysts to understand business needs and requirements, and translate into test scenarios when appropriate
- Determine and document business objectives.
- Translate business objectives into published system requirements and specifications.
- Ensure business requirements are testable
- Collaboratively work with others and lead, to publish design specification using professionally accepted modeling tools
- Develop and maintain design specifications which solve business objectives while exhibiting robustness.
- Develop and maintain published database, program, and script specifications.
- Work with QA Analyst to develop and maintain test specifications. May include preparation of test data and test scripts.
- Work with others to collaborate to develop and prepare estimates
- Create and maintain documentation for end-users and support personnel
- May assist in determining system capacity requirements.
- May evaluate business needs, recommend best fit solutions such as purchasing third-party software, integrating multiple software applications or repairing current applications.
- Provide customer support, training material and documentation
- Assist user community in determination of “best practices” regarding usage of systems.
- Perform testing as required
- Perform other duties as required.