Our client has a vacancy for a system programmer in the Mainframe System team. The team has responsibility for all elements of the IBM mainframe computer system, program products, subsystems, storage, and attached peripherals. Our client is looking for a candidate with skills in Z/OS, DB2, and mainframe program.
Primary Responsibilities include: Primary responsibilities will be to hire a z/OS systems programmer in the System Services group who has in-depth experience with the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems, and related program products. In addition, the candidate must have experience with VTAM and TCP/IP, The candidate will be required to support, maintain and install the above products. The candidate will be part of a duty roster to provide production off-hours coverage and support weekend implementations.
Experience: • 10+ years of experience working with z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, IOF, JCL, IOCP/HCD, program product installations and basic IBM utilities (IDCAMS, IEFBR14, etc.)
• Experience installing, upgrading, and supporting database systems (IMS and DB2) as a systems programmer
• Experience installing, upgrading, and supporting other systems software including: CICS, IMS/DC,SAS, Syncsort, FileAid, Connect:Direct, etc.,
• Experience in using monitoring tools such as TMON, Mainview, OMEGAMON and ability to troubleshoot systems issues analyzing SMS records
• Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON
• Experience with management of storage software and hardware systems, including: SMS storage groups, SKLM, Virtual Tape Systems, DASD, TMS, and Physical Tape Silos.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
Preferred Skills: • Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. • The ability to work as part of a group and individually. • The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload. • The ability to keep up with changing technology through research as assigned by management and independent work