Our client is looking for a Windows/VMware Engineer for a full-time direct perm opportunity in Newark, NJ. Must be GC or US Citizen
Your Required Skills:
Your Desired Skills:
- 3+ years in a role engineering and supporting Windows Server (2016/2019) & VMware Operating Systems 7.x.
- Experience supporting Ansible and BigFix environments for automated patching and software deployment
- Knowledge of automation of physical and virtual Window builds
- VMWare vCenter 7.x + ESXi host and guest support
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and various components such as Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA)
- Strong proficiency with scripting languages to develop, maintain and improve processes utilizing Powershell.
- Knowledge of Windows and cyber security knowledge to configure and implement enterprise risk compliance requirements (TLS/SSL/Certificates) with Enterprise Info sec teams.
- Well versed in supporting backup environment for restores and reporting
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DMZ, DHCP, DNS, WINS, GPO’s
- Knowledge of AWS support and migration
- Knowledge of Splunk reporting
- Experience with Clustered OnTap (cDOT) storage for CIFS and NFS (VMware datastores)
- HP ProLiant tools (HP Systems Insight Manager, Insight Remote Support, iLO)
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- VMware vROPS
- Microsoft OS Support Software: SCCM
- Additional scripting skills: Python
- Project engineering, management and research for all Windows and VMware vSphere projects.
- Install, support, schedule, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance the Windows, VMware, & Storage systems infrastructure.
- Utilize scripting to create custom solutions to ensure standardization, automation, and optimization of tasks.
- Assist team members in managing Windows, VMware, & Storage systems (NetApp).
- Provide in-depth root cause analysis as necessary within specialist realms.
- Use VMWare native tools (vCenter) to template / deploy / configure / manage Windows & storage of Virtual Machines.
- Use VMware Site Recover Manager (SRM) and components for failover and testing of systems in remote data centers.
- Server operations - logistics, planning, monitoring (power / environmental / security), installation of hardware, cabling, rack power distribution and problem resolution.