Our client is seeking to hire a Business Analyst for a Fulltime perm position to work in the Payroll Operations Support Unit to support City of New York citywide systems that include the Payroll Management System (PMS), the CityTime Application (CT), the Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS), the Workers Compensation System (WCS) and FISA/OPA (New York City Office of Payroll Administration) functions / systems including the City’s tax reporting and filing systems (W2, 941, RACS).
Primary responsibilities of the position are to:
• Analyze, research and document business requirements that include, as needed, creating business, domain and activity models/diagrams.
• Conduct requirements gathering sessions with representatives from City of New York agencies, pension systems, oversight agencies, unions, benefit providers and other applicable external business partners.
• Conduct or assist in application testing planning, coordination, and execution activities.
• Coordinate with external business partners and City agencies to gather, validate and process data required for quarterly tax reporting and annual W2 processing.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise during daily, quarterly and/or annual processing, and work with various teams to resolve in a timely manner.
• Investigate and propose recommendations for resolution of business and application software issues.
• Provide subject matter expertise in business processing and functionality, which includes tax reporting, payroll processing, payroll deductions, agency/user payroll setup and management, reporting, etc. Minimum Qualification Requirements: 1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations; 2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations
• Experience and knowledge of PMS (payroll processes), NYCAPS (personnel), CityTime (timekeeping) and CHRMS canned reports and ad hoc facility.
• Knowledge and experience in IBM Mainframe environments, QMF, SQL, etc.
• Understanding of relational databases (e.g. DB2, MS SQL Server).
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data analysis (DB2 on Mainframe or Microsoft Access).
• Clearly document and explain problems and to work with others to resolve software defects while ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
• Ability to demonstrate the ability to plan and manage time according to schedules, and status reporting.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
• Strong MS Office experience; including Visio, Excel, Project, and Access required.