Our client is looking for a Sr. Technical Consultant for a 12 month right to hire opportunity
Responsible for analyzing business requirements and defining information systems solutions to address complex business needs (projects are technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools); consulting with partners on approaches to address business needs or opportunities; analyzing existing system and programming logic to determine the best business solution; leading, coordinating and participating throughout all phases of the systems development lifecycle; creating functional specifications for use by developers and testers; creating logical data model; acts as an expert technical resource.
Job Responsibilities :
• Evaluate current payment processes and come up with process optimizations.
• Provide technical solutions and direction.
• Manage the design, building, and maintenance of efficient, reusable and reliable code.
• Mentor and train junior team members.
• Oversee assigned tasks (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members.
• Implement code on-boarding onto Prudential CI/CD pipeline enabling automatic bult, test and deploy.
• Responsible for trouble shooting and resolving production defects & incidents in a timely manner.
Skills & Abilities :
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Minimum 5-8 years of hands-on software development experience in Java. Knowledge of python and/or .NET is a plus.
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
• Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with cloud providers such as AWS/Azure.
• Minimum 4 years of experience developing microservices, REST API's and Kafka. Experience extending functional capabilities of SaaS products is a plus.
• Experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise software, with focus on stability and 24/7 availability.
• Minimum 2-4 years of working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
• Good working knowledge of batch processing, NDM, and MQ.
• Good working knowledge of ETL.
• Understanding of SWIFT and payment flows is a plus.
• Understanding of process flow and process optimization is a plus.
• Familiarity with SOX is a plus.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or SAFe. Agile certification is a plus.
• A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating complex business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, leadership, and business partners.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Business knowledge in finance/treasury/payments is a plus.