Our Fortune 500 client is looking for a Software Engineer for a fulltime perm opportunity.
- Working on an agile team understanding business needs, performing analysis, and transforming them into testable components
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable standards.
- Provide experienced software development skills to a scrum team and coordinate with other technical leaders across teams
- Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines
- Thrives to ensure code quality is high supporting testing and automation
- Research problems with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation
- Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a ‘test and learn’ mentality
- Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership – to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
- Conduct component testing and integration testing
- Ensure that software standards, non-functional requirements and quality targets are met
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- Experience working on agile scrum teams
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Development Engineer role
- Working knowledge of branching techniques and usage of Github, Bitbucket or Subversion required.
- Experience in distributed systems, object oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology
- Experience deploying applications to AWS, ECS, EC2 instances. Working knowledge of AWS Services such as Cloudwatch, CodeDeploy.
- Experience with FULL/MEAN STACK a strong plus
- Experience implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Experience in JAVA/J2EE services using Spring Boot, Spring CLI, Node.JS, Maven, Microservice, multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing
- Exposure to monitoring and logging techniques
- Knowledge working with MongoDB or similar NoSQL database and BPM tools is desired but not required.
- Experience in Product or Business configuration on the FAST platform desired but not required
- Understanding of Life or Annuities insurance products a plus.