We have an exciting full-time perm opportunity at one of our Enterprise clients. They are looking for an Infrastructure Automation Engineer to join their growing team.
The top technical skills for this role include advanced Windows
and/or Linux implementation experience, a high proficiency in scripting languages, calling API’s
and high proficiency in both declarative (Ansible
) and object oriented (Python
) scripting languages. Have ability to recognize inefficient processes, and the wherewithal to drive changes. The focus of this job will include the ability to work effectively with other Product teams, Business Units, vendors build upon and expand the role and capability of automation in IT infrastructure management, using modern DevOps methodologies.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Automate and transform mission critical business requirements for Windows, Linux, and relevant infrastructure activities.
- Collaboratively work to design an automation framework to automate delivery of IT infrastructure services in an automated fashion.
- Work within an Agile framework using Scrum to deliver features with continuous learning and continuous improvement.
- Develop and deliver Infrastructure as Code (IaC) through a CICD pipeline utilizing DevOps tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Pylint, or comparable toolsets.
- Create, implement, call/consume REST APIs for various automation tasks relevant to infrastructure activities
- Implement zero-touch automations that will replace time consuming, error-prone, manual repetitive configuration and provisioning tasks
The qualifications include:
- Leverage configuration and image management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Packer, or comparable tools to perform automated lifecycle management enterprise platforms.
- Manage and Automate patch & software deployment strategies for Linux/Windows Servers.
- ServiceNow development experience a plus.
- Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and lifecycle management
- Develop Automation for new site deployments and migrations via orchestration
- Minimum 2+ years current experience in and Windows and or Linux Infrastructure relevant development and automation.
- 2+ Years of Hands-on experience with Ansible, Jenkins, REST APIs, Ruby, PowerShell, and Python to build automation solutions
- 2+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure operations with deep understanding of Operating Systems, Storage, Security, and Network Technologies is a must
- Experience deploying and maintaining open-source software using tools like Git
- Strong Understanding of virtual environments (VMWare/vCenter/Hyper-V, AWS, Azure) a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Understanding of software version control, deployment & build tools and SDLC practices
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including Automation, DevOps, etc.
- Ability to provide 7x24x365 on call support.
- Familiarity with SAFe methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field preferred.