Our client is looking for a Scrum Master for a 12 month contract to hire opportunity
Oversees various agile teams of a highly complex nature. Responsible for educating the teams on Agile principles and best practices and help them maximize productivity to ensure timely completion of Program Increment objectives. Familiar with the scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities across multiple teams. Leads others to solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Influences within and outside the team to remove impediments and interferences. Responsibilities include coaching and mentoring of new scrum masters
Coach multiple complex teams on Agile values & principles and their application as well as backlog management to maximize business value 45%
Support the team by removing and/or escalating impediments that the team cannot resolve themselves including topics related to scope, schedule, prioritization, decision making, risk management, etc. 15%
Plan and facilitate team ceremonies including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demo, and retrospectives 25%
Lead team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and continuous improvement 5%
Shield the team from frequent outside distractions and interferences 5%
Overseeing software development teams and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking 2 candidates who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
The Scrum Master would be responsible for overseeing software development teams and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
• Create project outlines and timelines, and distribute responsibilities to team members. Act as a leader to software development teams
• Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team. Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
• Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle. Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
• Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
• Take responsibility for successful product delivery
• Coach teams and management towards adopting an Agile Mindset
• Sprint backlog creation, features/user stories grooming & planning.
• Assignment of User Stories. Deliver training to new Scrum & Kanban teams
• Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups.
• Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
• Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests.
• Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur.
• Help teams implement changes effectively.
• Share Agile Metrics with Client Manager after each SPRINT.
• Collaborate with Prudential team to sharpen current workflow process, document recommendations for solutions to improve.