We do not currently hire in Washington State or California. Prefer EST or CT.
Strong SLE Server, T-SQL development experience needed
Hands-on AWS experience
All backend development
Sr. Database Developer
The company is an exciting and dynamic software company based in Parsippany, NJ and was founded in 1987 to provide the beauty and wellness industry with forward-thinking, powerful management software and vital tools. We’ve built a company based on revolutionary technology, outstanding support, and more importantly, a strong passion to educate salon and spa owners on how to sustain success. Our software is utilized in thousands of salons and spas in over 36 countries, processes billions of dollars in transactions per year and is used by hundreds of thousands of users. The company is honored to have been named one of New Jersey's Top Workplaces for 2022!
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Database Developer with experience and a desire to leverage Cloud technologies & solutions. The ideal candidate will provide thought leadership to a cross-functional team to determine how to adopt cloud computing in client environment. It further requires understanding of the evolving Cloud Computing market and competitive landscape, and technology trends.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Should have hands 6 to 10 years’ experience with database development using SQL Server
• Strong T-SQL database development skills
• Strong understanding of the features available in SQL Server
• Strong (logic based) performance tuning skills and experience is a must
• Experience designing and coding full database solutions from requirements grooming through deployment
• Capable of incident resolution during major incidents or outage
• Hands-On experience working with RDBMS on cloud platforms such as AWS
• Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
• Experience developing SaaS based solutions
• Ability to build solutions that are scalable and meet the overall business requirements
• Convert business requirements into technical solutions working with application development team to implement
• Looking for self-motivated candidates who are hands on at their current positions, have hunger to learn new technologies.
• Awareness of web, database, and object-oriented software technologies
• Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
• Strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and capable of delivering under aggressive timelines
Additional Skills & Areas of Expertise:
• Experience with multi-tenant configurations and architecture is a plus
• Experience with open-source RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL are a plus
• Data Warehousing experience (AWS, Azure) is a plus
• Experience with BI visualization tools is a plus
• Work with our Network/Security Engineers, IT DBA and DevOps Systems Architects on infrastructure projects as needed
• Identify and help prioritize functional improvements in the core SaaS platform
• Provide mentorship to other team members
• Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Comprehensive subsidized benefits package including medical, dental and vision
• 401k with matching contribution
• Life insurance
• Long Term Disability
• 3 weeks of vacation
• 10 paid holidays
• An opportunity to work at one of NJ’s Top Workplaces!