Our client is looking for
• Build new and existing applications in preparation for a launch of new business.
• Align with the business teams and rest of the AMFMCT teams in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
• Work closely with quantitate modeling team and portfolio managers.
• Collaborate with business groups to define solutions to business needs. This includes eliciting, analyzing and documenting business requirements, identifying multiple approaches, making recommendations, and facilitating brainstorming and requirement walk-through sessions.
• Partner with the Technology team. Analyzing and documenting systems / report design requirements which can include technical specifications, pseudo code, database table design, diagramming business process flows; to validate that the system solution meets the business need.
• Conducting project related tests which include developing detailed test plans, test cases and expected results; conducting tests; evaluating and documenting results.
• Develop subject matter expertise on the trading, performance/attribution and risk analytics platforms.
• Provide on-going support and troubleshooting production and test issues to perform root cause analysis, reconciliations, recommending corrective action and leading the resolution efforts.
• Taking deep analytical dives on data while being able to conceptualize, synthesize and critically evaluate gathered information, and communicate findings and recommendations.
• Undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Information System is preferred.
• Minimum of 8+ years' experience in the Financial Industry.
• Experience with Blackrock Aladdin is highly desirable.
• Previous experience with Bloomberg data is a big plus.
• In-depth understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics, and benchmarks with proven knowledge of Derivatives and its processes is required.
• Candidate must have highly developed analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skill sets. Position requires the ability to quickly trouble shoot issues and think outside the box.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and connect the dots, as well as demonstrate drive, resourcefulness, and personal ownership of assignments.
• Ability to work independently is critical, as is the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and actively participate in assessing impact of requested changes on existing processes.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organization's technology and business groups.
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint. Prior experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
• Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience is preferred.
• Must be highly proficient in data manipulation and writing SQL queries.
• Hands-on experience with any investment / trading system, or performance attribution system is a plus.
• Ability to manage small team or projects is highly desirable.
- Solid asset and liability experience. Must have buy side asset management experience and good understanding of Liabilities and cash flows.
- It is a Hybrid Role