Work onsite in Chelmsford , MA, office 3 days per week. Option to work 2 days per week remotely.
This is an innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering Medical Devices to save lives. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. The company’s products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest. From Real CPR Help® technology—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart.
As a member of our Advanced Development Research and Development (R&D) organization for the Resuscitation business, the successful candidate will develop algorithms, software, and technologies that advance acute critical care. We are looking for a highly driven engineer with a passion for creating new solutions that fulfil our customers' needs. We offer the opportunity to work in a collaborative small-team environment where your opportunity to contribute is great. Join our team of talented engineers to help create technology that saves lives!
As a senior engineer on our advanced development team, the successful candidate will contribute to the development of advanced signal processing algorithms and solutions that advance acute critical care diagnostics and therapy. This individual is a collaborative engineering researcher with knowledge of classical, as well as the most advanced, signal processing approaches to process and interpret time-domain physiological signals. This individual is highly creative and innovative in identifying solutions to complex clinical challenges. This individual is also responsible for coordinating and performing work within the advanced development team and with cross-functional team members in scientific and clinical affairs, product development, regulatory, quality, and manufacturing.
- Must have PPG and ECG experience!
- MS degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field with emphasis in biomedical signal processing; PhD degree preferred
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the identification and development of advanced signal processing-based algorithms that address complex acute care clinical challenges
- Apply state-of-the art signal processing, machine learning, and/or AI concepts to develop both application-level and embedded-system algorithms that analyze signals to enable therapy delivery and support healthcare providers in decision making
- Translate customer and system requirements into preliminary software/algorithm requirements
- Advance existing algorithms that utilize the ECG and other physiologic signals
- Develop and review software verification test plans for algorithms; perform testing on algorithms
- Identify technical challenges and risks; recommend and implement solutions
- Develop technical documentation and transition algorithms to product development for successful final product algorithm integration
- Remain current in physiologic signal processing and monitoring trends as well as technologies through activities such as self-study, webinars, seminars, and conferences
- Follow standard operating procedures and software engineering best practices including documentation of algorithm software designs and source code
- Collaborate with team members and contribute to a positive team environment that creates high quality solutions
Education and Experience:
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in physiologic signal processing
- Working knowledge of signal processing and machine learning software tools
- Knowledge and experience in C, C++, and a prototyping language such as Python or MATLAB
- Knowledge and experience in translating prototype algorithms into embedded system and/or real-time operating systems (RTOS) software
- Demonstrated innovativeness through solutions in algorithm creation, signal processing, software code development, and/or related biomedical engineering problems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strengths in collaboration, initiative, and innovation
- Strong critical thinking with effective problem-solving skills in solving new, unique, and deep technical challenges
- Ability to foresee challenges, provide alternative solutions, and make strong recommendations with engineering-based rationales
- Holds self accountable for delivering on commitments
- 5+ years of experience in signal processing algorithm development; experience may include graduate degree research
- Experience developing embedded algorithms to measure and interpret physiologic signals (e.g., surface electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, etc.)
- Preferred experience developing AI-based solutions, including machine learning / deep learning algorithms, for physiologic signal/data analysis #