As an OS DevOps Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will pioneer industry-leading technologies and toolsets to enable our organizations to innovate and Automate our IT infrastructure using modern DevOps methodologies and leverage Infrastructure as Code.
This position will be responsible for planning, engineering, and delivery of business scalable infrastructure solutions. The top technical skills for this role include advanced Linux and/or windows implementation experience, a high proficiency in scripting languages, calling API’s and high proficiency in both declarative (Ansible) and object oriented (Python) scripting languages.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Automate and transform mission critical business requirements in Linux and/or Windows relevant infrastructure activities.
- Automate provisioning of infrastructure, enabling us to develop, deploy, and scale with greater speed, less risk, and reduced cost.
- Build, Manage and support RedHat Ansible Tower automation platform
- Educate, support, and guide various business units on onboarding Ansible for their Automation needs
- Create, implement, and call/consume REST APIs for various automation tasks relevant to infrastructure activities
- Implement zero-touch automations that will replace time consuming, error-prone, manual repetitive configuration and provisioning tasks
- Develop and support Infrastructure /workflows/utilities to automate processes and provide a customer facing Self-service catalog.
- Develop Automation for new site deployments and migrations via orchestration Treat infrastructure as code using modern DevOps practices
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
The qualifications include:
- Leverage configuration and image management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Packer, or comparable tools to perform automated lifecycle management enterprise platforms.
- Work and deliver in an Agile Development Framework
- Minimum 2+ years current experience managing LINUX and/or Microsoft Windows server, and AD technologies across the full technology stack along with development and automation.
- 2+ years Hands on experience with REST APIs, PowerShell, Jenkins, Ruby, CLI Parsers and Python to build automation solutions. Must know how to write, publish, secure, consume, and troubleshoot API’s.
- Hands on experience managing and supporting RedHat Ansible Tower infrastructure is plus
- Proficient in creating and troubleshooting Ansible Playbooks used for Orchestration of various Infrastructure automations.
- Proficient in CI/CD using git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and custom scripts (Perl, groovy, bash and Ruby).
- Develop Ansible Playbooks to automate our server migrations to Co-located Datacenters
- Develop automations and clean up any technical debt using python and PyCharm/vim
- Strong understanding of configuration, security patch and Vulnerability management principles
- Understanding of various deployment methodologies (BigFix, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible Tower)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Understanding of software version control, deployment & build tools and SDLC practices
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including Automation, DevOps, etc.
- Ability to provide 7x24x365 on call support.
- Familiarity with SAFe methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.