|Micro Strategies, a leading Solutions Provider, is looking for a Managed Service Architect to design and implement the platform to enable those capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and managing client solutions, assembling statements of work, maintaining and updating all associated documentation and be able to present these solutions.
Partnered with the Managed Services Practice lead, define the architectural components required to provide our expanded Managed Service offerings in support of our affiliate Practice Group solutions. Work with our Practice Group Leaders to expand on their solution offerings and enhanced the Managed Service offerings around them.
The Managed Services Architect is responsible for interacting with clients of all levels and interacting effectively with all clients. We seek an experienced, Managed Services Architect that is capable of maintaining processes, reports, coordinating technical and service delivery activities, and uphold client relationships for our Managed Services client base. A range of technical expertise, business acumen, flexibility, and latitude are expected. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the areas of project organization and customer relationship administration. We are looking for people who enjoy fast-paced and collaborative environments, who love working with customers no matter how challenging the conversation and who are interested in helping lead the next major innovation in building and supporting security at scale. Enjoy speaking engagements and Managed Service events and hosting. Knowledge of ITSM, ITIL v4, & Agile.
In partnership with the Practice Lead the Architect will be responsible for:
- Experience with creating and maintaining Managed Service solutions
- Provide direction to the Managed Service team as you help lead, shape, develop, negotiate, and close net new managed services opportunities
- Develops tools and materials for better deal estimation as requested
- Develops and maintains pricing models for opportunities
- Provides training as requested
- 7-10 years technical selling/design experience for client managed services requirements and/or experience leading a high performing sales team
- Technical experience with pre-sales emphasis, experience in managed services deal development
- Experience in pricing and design of managed services products
- Experience in developing and closing large SMB to mid-sized business customers managed service opportunities
- Ability to assess potential sales qualification and follow up
- Excellent Customer interfacing skills with ability to help clients identify current /future needs
- Strong work ethic with commitment to ‘get the job done’
- Credible communicator with successful interactions at all audience levels
- Ability to extract customer requirements to design competitive solutions
- Excellent presentation, documentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, creative problem-solving skills with ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Experience in development/drafting of statement of work documents
- Ability to define service levels and provide accurate cost management estimates
- Demonstrated ability to provide deliverables as agreed
- Gain a strong understanding of the Analytics, ECM/BPM, Security and Hybrid-IT practices’ solution portfolio and their managed services’ needs, inclusive of their priority.
- Identify the technologies, skills and tools required to provide managed services for those practices.
- In partnership with the Managed Services Practice Lead, define and maintain the Managed Services enablement roadmap outlining the required objectives and timing to achieve those objectives.
- In partnership with all of the practices, implement the new managed services capabilities based upon the defined road map.
- Working closely with the Sales Executives in understanding the clients wants and needs and aligning them to the correct Managed Service offering
- Ability to develop Statements of Work which clearly capture the customer’s needs and the Managed Services deliverables included to meet the defined needs.
- Coordinates activities and functions of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the project are accomplished.
- Ensure all tasks required for successful client service integrations are completed accurately, professionally, and on time.
- Build and improve integration & lifecycle process as needed to continue to improve MSP efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Review, utilize & improve procedures for tasks carried out during the on-boarding process.
- Maintain executive level documentation to track onboarding metrics and health of client engagement, financial information and service dates
Communication with the Engineering Team, Practice Architects, Practice Development Leads, and Client Solution Executives. Additional communication with Sales Managers, Delivery Leadership as well as the CEO may be required in support of specific opportunities.
Communication with Vendors, Partners, Engineering & Sales Teams as well as their leadership.
Public speaking at Manage Service events and marketing engagements
Client communication will span the breath of CISO, CIO, Business Leadership to the organization’s Engineering Team.
Required Skills and or Experiences
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Business preferred) or equivalent work experience
Work Related Experience: 10 years of technology experience involving the following responsibilities:
- 5 - 7 years of IT managed services, IT operations, delivery support or relevant MSP offerings
- Previous experience as a pre-sales engineer/IT solution architect (highly desired)
- Strong familiarity with support technology services
- Strong ability collaborating with sales, marketing, and product teams
- Expertise analyzing client needs and use cases as they relate to our offerings
- Track record of creating and executing service agreement and statement of works
- Ability to maximize internal resources of sales engineers and solutions architect in the sales cycle
- Reporting and pipeline experience
Industry Certifications: One or more of the following certifications:
ITIL4, COBIT, LEAN and DevOPs
Product Knowledge and Experience:
Ticketing systems like; ConnectWise, ServiceNow, BMC, SummitAI
Monitoring tools; SolarWinds, nCenral, LogicMonitor, Helpsystems
Cloud providers; Microsoft Azure, Intune, WVD, AWS
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively engage a range of roles and skills when communicating with a client (from Senior Leaders to Engineers) with vendors, train users, and give instructions. Must be able to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Strong competencies in developing Proposal, Statements of Work and Deal Estimates (Leveraging Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively prioritize work without being given direction.
- Attention to quality and capacity to meet deadlines.
Languages: Fluency in English