Medical Device company
Need a hands-on person with Cybersecurity and networking experience.
The role directly and indirectly supports all departments with emphasis on both Software and Manufacturing. It includes client services, Windows server administration, computer and device purchasing and standardization, Software product infrastructure support, Manufacturing systems support, R&D Engineering support, cybersecurity and assists with CMMC implementation.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees IT vendor operations and ticketing
- Supports all in house client, Windows server, Software product infrastructure and Manufacturing systems issues or requests out of scope or in conjunction with IT vendor operations.
- Directly supports Lifelens enterprise-wide client software implementations, operations and maintenance. Tracks timing and expenses associated with application software maintenance. Assists business owner with enterprise-wide implementations and acts as system administrator where appropriate.
- Creates hardware and software standards based on client and company’s needs. Establishes client images based on these standards. Ensures proper system backups are performed in collaboration with IT vendor. Maintains and expands Lifelens network when required.
- Establishes and maintains network and client cybersecurity.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery implementation.
- Implements/Maintains Lifelens’ intranet.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills. Able to work with others to achieve results.
- Performs technical duties in an efficient manner
- Independently performs or coordinates support based on priorities including scheduling and resources.
- Creates SOPs and other technical documentation.
- Develops collaborative relationships and interacts collaboratively inside and outside the organization to strengthen core competences and achieve Lifelens’ goals.
B. Principal Contacts:
- Self motivated. Communicates effectively. Keeps colleagues and management informed.
C. Travel Requirements:
No travel requirements.
- R&D Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with professional experience and training commensurate with position.
- Minimum 5 years experience with client services and support, Windows server administration (certification preferred) and network administration.
- Strong Knowledge of web based and client-server applications. Experience implementing enterprise-wide applications. Familiar with the most commonly used programming languages. Familiar with production machinery and laboratory equipment network integrations.
- Strong cybersecurity background.
Aligns personal goals and objectives with organization goals and business strategy and takes action to achieve them.
Provides direction to others that clarifies their expectations and role.
Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with clarity, transparency and honesty.
Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to other’s points of view.
Enables and demonstrates the courage to speak up on issues and risks as well as on the good news.
Consistently delivers on commitments.
Demonstrates ownership of results within and beyond area of responsibility.
Works across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve company goals.
Adapts to, and/or drives positive change.
Demonstrates resilience and perseverance.
IV. Working Conditions:
Work environment is typical of an office workplace and manufacturing production area.
V. Special Factors:
Job has a normal eight hour working day, forty hour week with flexible hours. Job requires presence onsite.
- Member of highly technical group. Experience collaborating inside and outside of an organization.