Dynamic Medical Device company looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer-Embedded Web Engineer
Focus on embedded Linux, REST interfaces, JSON, Python applications, web communication experience, please. Lot of database work … MySQL.
Open to any industry, but people out of Medical, Pharma, Electronics, Defense, Automotive, Manufacturing are always the best fit. Companies that are process driven
100% on site up to the first 90 days. After that, hybrid is available. Typically, 3 days in office, 2 days home.
Location: Chelmsford, MA
As an embedded web developer, you will be a member of the software development team delivering functionality for our products. Your role will be to architect, design and deliver secure interfaces to enable the product to operate in an interconnected environment. This role will extend from requirements analysis, through to design and implementation. You will work with the test team to determine the best ways to verify the product functionality and security.
Job Summary: Designs, develops, documents, and maintains software to support development of the company’s products.
- Develop web applications hosted on an embedded Linux or RTOS environment
- Design and implement Web services and applications for current and future company products
- Design and develop embedded applications for the company’s products.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Work with the team to architect, design, and verify secure functionality.
- Stay current with state-of-the-art technologies, tools, and techniques for software development
- Lead and collaborate with your team to deliver high quality products
- Web service development experience, on embedded platforms is a plus.
- Experience developing with Python is required and experience with C++ is desired
- Experience with Database technologies and SQL is a plus (MySQL or other)
- Web technologies such as REST, and JSON is required, with HTML5 and CSS as a plus.
- Experience with SQL and Database is desired, but not required
- Experience with developing for Linux
- Experience in the use and understanding of security techniques and SSL/TLS X.509 certificates is desired
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or applicable related discipline
- 5+ years software design and development experience with demonstrated technical leadership
- Medical device development is a plus, but not required
- At least 5 years of software design and development experience on a product development team
- Knowledge and Experience with one or more programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Python
- Technical depth in at least one software development specialization described below
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related engineering or science discipline
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and affinity for teamwork, logic, innovation, initiative, and self-sufficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Experience in a structured development environment with design controls