Our client is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer III with a solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems to join their IT Department.
- Administering a complex site alone or assisting in the administration of a larger site.
- Initiating new responsibilities and helping to develop plans for the future of the site/network.
- Evaluating and/or recommending critical IT purchases; ability to appropriately recommend and influence the purchasing process.
- Managing junior level system engineers.
- Performing weekend on-call functions.
- Performing additional IT related tasks, as assigned by management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of writing purchase justifications
- Training users in complex topics
- Making presentations to an internal audience.
- Interacting positively with upper management.
- The ability to work independently along with complex problem-solving ability.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Should be comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Experience with parallel filesystems (GPFS, Gluster, Ceph).
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing TSM server.
- Experience with SAN storage and FC switches.
- Significant programming background in any applicable language
- Experience managing and troubleshooting CentOS/RHEL and other distributions.
- Managing applications on those systems including Apache/Nginx, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Kubernetes/Docker.
- Patching and securing Linux systems.
- Configuration management preferably with Ansible. Experience with GPFS a plus.