Our Client is looking for a perm employee to work on-site and vaccination is required. A Level 2 Systems Engineer is the first escalation point for the helpdesk, and they resolve complex issues that are beyond the skill level of a Level 1 Systems Engineer. They focus on proactive support, maintenance, systems administration, and network administration. They work on high level projects and deploy all core Microsoft Server technologies with direction from senior systems engineers. They work directly with clients on-site and remotely to troubleshoot problems and complete projects; therefore, Level 2 Systems Engineers must have reliable transportation, exceptional customer services skills, as well as dress and act professional.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The Level 2 Systems Engineer will perform duties which include, but are not limited to:
1. Resolve escalated tickets and escalate to Level 3 Systems Engineer if necessary
2. Ability to troubleshoot and understand modern networking technologies including edge security, SD WAN, VOIP, network routing and switching
3. Recognize areas of customer’s environment that require remediation or upgrading
4. Implement & troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory server environment
5. Build and configure Dell/HPE server equipment
6. Understanding of server virtualization and virtualization platforms
7. Execute migrations and other projects with direction from senior engineers
8. Fully document all procedures and tasks and create documentation for all clients.
Scope and Dimensions:
1. Reporting relationship: Position currently reports to the Client Services Executive
2. External interactions: Chiefly with customer IT staff, sponsors, and stakeholders
3. Internal interactions: Chiefly with technical support staff, customer service associates, sales associates and project managers.
4. Hours: 8:30am-5pm (M-F), however, the Level 2 Systems Engineer will serve on rotation as engineer on call and may need to work non-standard hours on occasion
5. Remote/Onsite: Position is considered to be remote, with necessary travel to customer sites.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• CCNA or equivalent networking certification
• Excellent communication skills
• At least 5 years’ experience in the managed services work space
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft, Hyper-V/VMware platforms, applications & data networking for VoIP • Exceptionally meticulous planning and organizing skills
• Experience in a customer-facing role and the ability to interact at all levels of an organization
• Proven ability to manage within time and budget constraints Preferred:
• Experience with ConnectWise Manage and Automate
• Direct experience working for a customer-facing VAR or integrator
• Direct experience implementing data networks or IT system