Our client is looking for an IT Engineer to help support all functions related to our internal IT Operations. You will work directly with the IT Manager as well as our engineering and operations teams to support all IT Operations. You are someone who has experience in a cloud-first, SaaS-based environment, and has been a part of an IT Operations team during a company’s high-growth period.
This role reports directly to our IT Manager and is based out of our New York City office.
- Act as a point-of-contact for resolving internal IT issues
- Act as point of contact for procuring and managing office equipment vendors
- Remediate or escalate issues involving our workstations, SaaS applications, and other needs
- Assist IT Manager in developing and deploying MDM solutions, software, and updates according to security policies and best practices
- Assist IT manager on IT initiatives, including migrations, upgrades, and security reviews
- Partner with our Information Security team to ensure that we are always improving the security posture of our environment
- Facilitate onboarding & off-boarding: order and set up new laptops, set up and disable accounts as needed and automate this process over time
- Maintain asset inventory of devices
- Develop and maintain IT-related documentation.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You learn unfamiliar technologies quickly
- Demonstrated, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and have a flexible style, with a strong team player approach and customer-service orientation
Experience with some of the following (we don’t expect you to have experience with all of these, but more is better):
- 3+ years’ experience with IT functions (start-up experience a plus)
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 4+ years of directly related work experience
- You have experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac devices, and Linux experience is a huge plus
- Worked in a cloud based environment for a SaaS company
- Experience using MDM solutions to manage groups of workstations (JAMF, Intune, and/or Canonical Landscape experience strongly preferred, experience with other MDM solutions a plus)
- Expertise administering SaaS applications, such as G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Atlassian, etc...
- Experience using a single-sign-on platform, such as Okta
- Experience working in an environment with operational standards and controls
- Compliance experience a plus
- Experience using AWS services, particularly IAM
- Experience with scripting, particularly around workstations (Bash and PowerShell) and APIs