Our client is looking for a Tableau SME for a long term remote contracting opportunity
The hard skills this person should have most of:
- Tableau. Specifically:
- Up to date knowledge of the near-latest version. Tableau has been very active the last few years with adding new features
- Administration duties, best practices, hopefully taught or led teams to further advanced analytics
- AWS and knowledge of services, analytics and databases/data structures (RedShift, Glacier, S3, document stores, Kinesis streams)
- dbVisualizer or similar driver management tool (ODBC, JDBC and custom drivers).
- Great troubleshooter of networks and database connections
- Knows how and when to choose to improve performance of queries, the Tableau server and the database
- Programming languages used by data scientists:
- SQL (Postgres, AWS SQL)
- Other software such as Spark/Hive is useful
- Understanding of hybrid cloud / on-prem infrastructures and steps needed to implement BI Software across the Enterprise (data sources in RedShift connecting to Tableau for scheduled reporting for example).
- Being able to incorporate API data into reporting is a huge plus
Soft skills in communication, but also need a customer-focused person who will not look to hand problems off…need ownership of each problem for each user….