Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer for a 12 month contract assignment.
The DevOps Capabilities & Tools Engineer is responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and build of the DevOps processes and tool sets.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing input to the DevOps standards and workflows, configuration management functions associated with product releases and ensuring the integrity of the delivery standards.
A Good understanding of DevOps
- Experience with modern source code management and software repository systems (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience administrating Jenkins, CloudBees, Jira, SonarQube, Artifactory, Azure Devops
- Experience with scripting languages (Shell, Groovy)
- Experience with API development (NPM or Python flask)
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a scrum or kanban team
- Strong customer service mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to document exceptions/issues/action plans/meeting minutes/lessons learned accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to create excellent working relationships within and across teams
- Experience using administrating DevOps tool set
- Experience supporting Enterprise platforms (Atlassian)
- Experience supporting containers (Docker), EKS, Kubernetes
- Experienced with AWS Cloud
- Linux Administration Skills
- Automation Skills (Python, Ansible, Java, Bash)
- Experience with implementing operational telemetry / monitoring (Splunk Dynatrace)
- Aware of Infrastructure as Code (Ansible / CloudFormation)
- Awareness of DevSecOps (SAST, DAST, MAST, IAST)
- Evaluate and implement efficient, cost effective application program solutions, work as a team member with other systems analysts/programmers on scheduled releases as well as troubleshooting problems and may analyze existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties.
- Will provide production support (e.g. critical business days, after hours, on call, etc.) between operations end users and the systems support team as well as conduct periodic application disaster recovery exercises.
- Will operate on diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools and will document and complete developer test cases to ensure stable integration with existing mature systems.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills, written & spoken communication skills; stored procedure development in Databases; Crystal Report development; UNIX Korn Shell scripting, Perl scripting, Autosys job management.
- Nice to have: Prior use/knowledge of CyberFusion, PVCS Version Manager, Adobe Acrobat.