Our client s looking for a Mainframe programmer for a 12 month contract assignment.
Performs the coding, maintenance, modification and documentation of complex and advanced applications. Assists clients in defining their requirements, and recommends appropriate application alternatives. Prepares documentation and conducts training sessions. Participates in the evaluation of new application packages and the identification of anticipated systems requirements for planning purposes. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Essential skills: VSAM, DB2, COBOL, CICS and JCL technologies.
We are looking for one consultant - position Mid-Senior level:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8 years strong development experience in COBOL, JCL/PROCS, DB2, DB2 stored procedures
- 3 years of Native stored procedures
- Platform Knowledge of SPUFI, Changeman, Detector, FILEAID, TSO a plus
- Knowledge of Informatica a plus
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM using JIRA a plus
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills to write detailed documentation.
- Must be able to work independently and provide status to project manager
- Effective communication skills, work alongside and collaborate across technology and business teams
- Must be available to do Mainframe production support off hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-pace environment
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Knowledge of Mutual Funds business a plus