This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a leader in the financial sector. This is a contract to hire opportunity with full intention to convert to perm. Must be Green Card or US Citizen.
Our client is actively pursuing a Data Modeler/Architect who will work closely with technical partners, and assist developers and testers as needed. The role demands significant collaboration with members of various business and IT groups throughout the lifecycle of a typical project. Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, hardworking, and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile environment.
• Manage multiple Partners at a time, balancing business-level and technical conversations across different levels of the organization
• Conduct data analysis and capture data attributes, dependencies, and logistical dependencies.
• Translating business requirements to technical specifications
• Create conceptual, logical and metadata models.
• Capture and document analysis of data quality for both technical and business data quality.
• Evolving a future state application architecture that supports business priorities and objectives while being flexible so it can accommodate rapidly changing business requirements, evolving customer expectations, and technology evolution
• Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
• Keeping up to date on new technology, standards, protocols, and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
• Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration and data integrity.
• Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced technology team
• Ability to work independently on project scrum teams to understand business and system requirements to be communicated to data partners on our team for implementation.
• Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Financial Services experience (Mutual Fund background preferred) with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
• 5+ years' experience on Building scalable enterprise data platforms on RDBMS (Data lake is a big plus).
• Experience with performance tuning.
• 5+ Hands on data modeling experience using modeling tools like Sparx, Erwin, IBM InfoSphere Data Architect.
• Expert in different data modeling techniques like Dimensional, Normalized and Data Vault data modeling on all levels (Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
• 2+ years' experience in data governance including Data Quality, Data Linage, Data Privacy, and security.
• Very strong hands-on MDM experience in the areas of MDM Strategy, Architecture, Design, Integration.
• 7+ years of SQL Hands on experience in SQL server, Oracle, Teradata… (SQL is preferred) including but limited to Stored Procedures, Views, Trigger, DDL…Etc.
• Hands on experience in modeling and maintain Enterprise data warehouse and Data mart managing different aspects and methodologies of handling historical data.
• Good data analysis experience using SQL, / Data Analysis tool analyzing redundant and inconsistent data, diagramming data flows and process flows.
• Have a good experience Create Source to target mapping including complex logic and transformations.
• Knowledge at ETL Tools like Informatica, SSRS or Data stage is a good plus.
• Knowledge of Big Data and Cloud Platforms are a big plus