Out client is looking for a Help Desk support person to join their growing team in Newark, NJ
The helpdesk resource will provide technical support, and resolve all incoming calls/issues from clients. This resource will also work with vendors and other SME's to identify and resolve complex client issues.
The person will be based in Newark, NJ.
- Provides dedicated tier 2 technical support for a business unit as an extension of the help desk.
- Responsible for resolving all incoming calls delivered to the helpdesk and managing escalated cases.
- Responds to a variety of technical issues from incoming calls or cases escalated by other help desk staff.
- Provides technical guidance and consults with vendors and other systems support units to identify and resolve complex client problems.
- Alerts clients and team members when a major problem is suspected.
- Performs recovery testing to confirm availability of systems where outages have occurred.
- Documents and tracks status of client inquiries, coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Participates in the analysis of client identified issues or problems which may require changes to department procedures, standards or systems.
- Evaluates effectiveness of new utilities and tools.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Strong customer service skills; Great verbal & written communication; Proven experience in technical support; Established experience in diagnosing and resolving technical problems