Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer needed to resolve critical failures, be hands on/keep the lights on, enable new projects if they come along, and work on backlog.
- Advise, design, and implement secure, reliable, and resilient Azure Cloud Solutions that enables business projects and delivers business outcomes
- Work with the team to continually extend and modify the capabilities of Cloud Offerings. Possess an engineering mindset focused on continually improving technology offerings.
Advise, design, and implement secure, reliable, and resilient Azure Cloud Solutions that enables business projects and delivers business outcomes
Work with the team to continually extend and modify the capabilities of Cloud Offerings. Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, resolve incidents and solving problems individually as well as by collaborating with the team. Develop cost effective solutions that address enterprise level business challenges in Prudential's virtual environments. Architect tactical and strategic technology roadmaps that address business requirements; Work with a diverse population of stakeholders (ex: engineering, operations, project-management, etc.) on the design, implementation, and validation of new cloud platforms. The ability to present to and communicate effectively with management
• Focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
• Influence application and security architecture and design across multi and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Peer-reviewing infrastructure-as-code (Azure ARM, Terraform, or similar).
• Partnering with application and infrastructure teams to develop reusable cloud patterns.
• Deployment and troubleshooting of infrastructure code.
• Conducting post-incident reviews and root cause analysis and building monitoring and automation to prevent future incidents.
• Responsible for creating, adapting, and maintaining system configurations for applications which are running on cloud platforms
• Simplify the process of providing instances of organization's products by leveraging open-source solutions and automation pipelines.
• Identify opportunities to build self-service capabilities and automate infrastructure and application deployments.
• Participate in an on-call rotation for major incident response and application deployments.
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• A systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to quickly pickup and understand where newly released cloud services would be appropriate for business applications.
• Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell, Azure ARM, or Terraform.
• Strong knowledge of pipeline-automation tools such as Jenkins, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps, or other comparable tools.
• Experience using Git for source control management.
• Ability to proficiently write code in Python, Node.js, Bash (shell), PowerShell, or other similar languages.
• Strong knowledge of Docker and container orchestration platforms such as Azure Container Instances, AKS, and others.
• Comfortable in a Linux environment
• Understanding of foundational Azure services such as Azure Virtual Network, Azure ExpressRoute, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL, Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Azure Grid, Azure Batch, Azure O365 and Sharepoint Apps, Azure Monitor, Azure Image Gallery. etc.
• In-depth knowledge of security and IAM/RBAC within Azure, including the management and operation of Azure ASG, Azure Key Vault, Azure NSG, Azure AD, Azure Security Center, Azure Policy, and Azure Management Group/Subscriptions.
• Familiar with ETL and big data tool-chains such as those provided by Azure Databricks/HDInsight, Azure Data Factory, or similar.
• Understanding of relational database systems and how applications interact with them.
• Familiarity with one or more log and event aggregation and monitoring systems such as Splunk, Azure Cognitive Search, Prometheus, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Log Analytics, or similar.
• 3 years+ experience in Microsoft Azure
• Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum-focused organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with translating technical problems to non-technical audiences.
• MS/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• One or more Associate or Professional-level Azure certificates.
• Prior experience within a DevOps, DevSecOps, SRE, or UNIX/Linux Sys-Admin teams.