Our client is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist for a full-time perm position.
The Desktop Support Specialist is a key member of the team and reports to the Senior Director, IT and Application Development, supporting multiple sites in the Piscataway, New Jersey area.
- Provide IT Service Desk and desk side support to all users
- Excellent customer focus is required; this position includes frequent interaction with associates at all levels of the organization
- Single point of user resolution for all desktop technology devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, printing, wireless networking, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Maintain and provision desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, printers, projectors, audio/visual equipment, and other office equipment, as required
- Perform trouble call resolution, diagnosis of complex problems, advanced problem resolution, user support follow-up, and Technician interaction with other IT employees, co-workers, and outside vendors
- Provision and administer user accounts, distribution groups, and security groups in Active Directory
- Ability to work within a team environment or work independently on various projects
- Comfortably work within a high-paced lab and office environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- 3+ years managing a Microsoft Active Directory environment on Windows 2012/2016 server
- 1+ years supporting a Microsoft Azure infrastructure with Office 365
- 1+ years supporting a VM or Hyper-V infrastructure
- Extensive work with Windows 10/7 Enterprise
- Cisco Meraki
- SQL Server
- One Drive
- Brady Label Printers