My client is looking for a Data Engineer. This position is remote. The duration of this project is 6 months.
Data Engineer is responsible gathering and interpreting business requirements from stakeholders, developing technical designs with various technologies and platforms. The Developer will assist with design, documentation, end to end solutions. Expertise in data warehousing, Python programming, data modeling and cloud technologies is required.
· Consult with stakeholders on software specifications and solutions
· Design and develop data integration / transformation and data modeling solutions supporting both on premise and cloud-based data architectures.
· Perform code reviews, analyze execution plans, and re-factor inefficient code, understand index types and usage best practice, and have working knowledge of T-SQL performance tuning.
· Follow data standards, resolve data issues, develop appropriate unit testing use cases, understand and perform full regression testing, and complete system documentation for ETL processes.
· Ability to excel in an integrated environment, working closely with various business segments, and user teams to accomplish objectives
· Communicate effectively across multiple LOB and with stakeholders to review business requirements and propose solutions
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases, OLAP query tools, data mining, data structure, and data manipulation techniques.
· Previous Experience with Healthcare / PHI
· Design and implement OLAP solutions with SSAS (multi-dimensional and/or tabular mode).
· Azure data experience
· Direct experience with large data warehouses.
· Hands-on experience with Python/PySpark
· SSIS 2008-2012 or higher programming experience.
· Data Warehousing development experience.