Our client is looking for a Sr. Storage Administrator to join their growing team. This is a right to hire opportunity.
The selected candidate will work with the Global Technology Storage Solutions Team. Primary responsibilities would be the administration of the enterprise distributed storage infrastructure.
Other responsibilities would include setup of new hardware, periodic software maintenance upgrades, level 2 support, troubleshooting, monitoring and alerting, reporting, capacity management, and performance tuning.
The ideal candidate should have significant working experience in the required technical areas, be highly motivated and have excellent writing and communication skills.
Experience in the following areas is required (minimum 5 years):
· Enterprise Storage (file and block):
o IBM (A9000R, Flash 900), Hitachi (G1000, G1500) and 3Par storage
o Cisco SAN 9710, 9718, 9250i, Brocade switches and directors
o Provisioning, zoning, managing, troubleshooting, supporting platform
· Office Applications technical skills – MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills
· Project management, organizational skills
Experience in any of the following would be a strong plus:
· Object Storage experience (Dell EMC ECS, Hitachi HCP, Amazon S3)
· NAS, NetApp and Isilon
· IBM SKLM Encryption key management
· Agile: Scrum and/or Kanban
· Storage Automation experience for customer self service:
o ServiceNow workflow development
o Scripting/automation skills: PowerShell, Python/UNIX Shell/Perl
o DevOps experience
· Windows and/or UNIX Operating Systems Administration
Additional job requirements include:
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Provide 7x24 on-call support when required
· Produce technical documentation including operations run books, user guides, and standard operating procedures.