Responsible for daily maintenance of server, client, and network infrastructure interoperability with all web and data systems, comprised of 1,500+ User Multigigabit Cisco Meraki Network with Cisco Unified Collaboration, Microsoft Failover Clustering, iSCSI SAN, and Hybrid Cloud (Azure and M365) multi application environment
• Responsible for the design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and reliable operation of IT infrastructure, including computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
• Troubleshoots and resolves support tickets as needed.
• Maintains servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
• Evaluates and implements security improvements and system upgrades.
• Performs regular backup operations and implements appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
• Creates technical support documentation for systems, applications, and procedures.
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices and key trends and provides recommendations for upgrades of the IT infrastructure.
• Maintains an inventory of equipment, software, and licenses for asset management.
• Supports database integration and interoperability of key business systems.
• In coordination with the Director of Facilities, supports the campus telephony system infrastructure.
• Supports the Director of Technology & Information Systems in maintaining the success of the Student Lab Manager Program.
• Coaches and mentors the Student Lab Manager Program assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting candidate pool, developing student leadership, and enriching program vision for further expansion and development.
• Assists in coordinating the Community TechServe outreach program focused on bridging the digital divide at faith-based primary schools in need.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology & Information Systems.
• Teaches at the discretion of the Principal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Administration, or a closely related field.
• 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience with hands on technical troubleshooting capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience in meeting the complex needs of demanding end-users.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in deadline sensitive environment.
• Ability to learn and apply internal policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Environments, Cisco Enterprise and Meraki Environments and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Customer Orientation.
• Problem Solving.
• Planning/Organizational Skills.
• Time Management.
• Results Orientation.
• Technical Capacity.
• Change, Incident, Problem, Project Management.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Regularly sit, talk, and hear.
• Regular use close and distance vision.
• Works at desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Turns, bends, and reaches.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment.