Our client is looking for perm employee to join their growing team as an IT QA Data Validation Speciallist..
The Data Validation position will perform procedures to confirm data values in the analytic data lake, intermediate transformation pipelines and in the resulting reporting database are accurate, complete and consistent with source systems, specified business rules and intended use in reporting.
- Specify and execute test procedures for new or changed data entities (tables)
- Use defect tracking tools to document, track and report defects and defect resolution
- Identify opportunities to automate testing procedures for regression testing
- Schedule and oversee user acceptance testing
- Provide detailed documentation
- Track and Report test results
- Escalate data anomalies to the Master Data Management team for resolution
- Manage and Report defect status
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- 4-year analytical degree (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science)
- 3 years of data analytics or validation experience
- Credibility and ability to interact with and influence all levels of organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in Excel, including Power Pivot
- Experience in Sql Server (SSMS) queries
- Experience in a statistical software package (e.g., R, Mathlab)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills