Amazing Medical Device company
Great environment to grow your technical skills
Will se people without DSP and will train!
Need to be process driven!
Principal Software Engineer
Embedded C, C++, DSP
Location: Parsippany, NJ
This is a growing, innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach, as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. These products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest or with respiratory issues. From Smart Help®—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart. But none of this would be possible without the motivation and dedication of their employees, and we’re invested in their success.
As part of a development team, you will be enhancing the feature set of our world class ventilator products. We are looking for a strong, versatile candidate who takes initiative to continuously improve what they do in an effort to meet our customers' needs. We offer the challenge of working in a small team environment where your opportunity to contribute is great, and your energy and expertise can help you to reach your full potential. Join our team of talented engineers to help create software that saves lives!
Principal Software Engineer - Embedded C/C++
As a member of a software development team, your role will be primarily focused at designing and developing new software features for new and existing products. Your role will extend from leading the development of software roadmaps to requirements analysis through architecture and design to implementation. You will be responsible for coordinating your work with cross functional team members, including usability design and requirements verification.
- Participate as an active team member in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Develop C/C++ software for an embedded real-time OS environment
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience developing with C and C++
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or applicable related discipline
- At least 8 years of software design and development experience on a product development team with some experience as a technical lead or software architect
- Experience with embedded processors with a strong background in DSPs and PID loops
- Experience with event driven object oriented software design methodologies
- Experience with real time operating systems (e.g., Green Hills Integrity, Mentor Graphics Nucleus, QNX, Micrium)
- Experience with user interface development and technologies (e.g., Qt, Crank, Peg)
- Experience as a software architect for complex software systems
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with medical device development is helpful, but not required