Our client is seeking a Level 2 Systems Engineer for a full-time perm opportunity. This position will be remote but will have to travel to client sites if needed (Tri-State area; NY, CT, North Jersey, NYC).
The Systems Engineer is the first escalation point for the helpdesk, and they resolve complex issues that are beyond the skill level of a Level 1 Systems Engineer. They focus on proactive support, maintenance, systems administration, and network administration. They work on high level projects and deploy all core Microsoft Server technologies with direction from senior systems engineers. They work directly with clients on-site and remotely to troubleshoot problems and complete projects; therefore, Level 2 Systems Engineers must have reliable transportation, exceptional customer services skills, as well as dress and act professional.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Level 2 Systems Engineer will perform duties which include, but are not limited to:
Scope and Dimensions:
- Resolve escalated tickets and escalate to Level 3 Systems Engineer if necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand modern networking technologies including edge security, SD WAN, VOIP, network routing and switching
- Recognize areas of customer’s environment that require remediation or upgrading
- Implement & troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory server environment
- Build and configure Dell/HPE server equipment
- Understanding of server virtualization and virtualization platforms
- Execute migrations and other projects with direction from senior engineers
- Fully document all procedures and tasks and create documentation for all clients.
- Reporting relationship: Position currently reports to the Client Services Executive
- External interactions: Chiefly with customer IT staff, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Internal interactions: Chiefly with technical support staff, customer service associates, sales associates and project managers.
- Hours: 8:30am-5pm (M-F), however, the Level 2 Systems Engineer will serve on rotation as engineer on call and may need to work non-standard hours on occasion
- Remote/Onsite: Position is considered to be remote, with necessary travel to customer sites.