Our client is looking for a direct hire perm employee to join their growing team.
The AWS Cloud Infrastructure Analyst is a hands-on role involved in planning and managing AWS cloud infrastructure delivery, including daily management, DevOps, capacity planning, and participating in defining the global infrastructure architecture. The Senior Analyst will ensure the quality and timely delivery of technology efforts in support of strategic infrastructure projects and works closely with other teams to define infrastructure requirements to support applications, security, and compliance initiatives.
The Senior AWS Cloud Infrastructure Analyst works with different teams to design and implement cloud solutions that fit organizational requirements.
This individual is an expert in DevOps and AWS infrastructure and security configurations, recommends standards and security requirements that match written information security policy.
Prior experience in an international enterprise environment is essential.
- Collaborate with IT teams for input and operational requirements to design and implement overall cloud infrastructure and security strategy.
- Coordinate and lead infrastructure\security initiatives in the AWS cloud.
- Serve as the technical lead in AWS cloud DR and recovery strategies that align with information security policies.
- Develops and implements backup and recovery strategies to support data retention requirements.
- Evaluates and designs highly available, scalable, and redundant applications in the AWS cloud.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to support development, code promotion, continuous improvement following DevOps / DevSecOps best practices.
- Participate in the development and testing of an incident response plan for incidents that affect the cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure infrastructure is maintained and security is designed for every deployment.
- Manages projects to ensure that the delivery is on-time, within budget, and adopted to meet the company's information protection requirements.
- Actively supports the organization's cloud initiatives and responds to business requirements while achieving SLAs in place to support the organization's needs.
- Adhere to applicable change management policy and procedure.
- Bachelor's degree required. Candidates must possess significant analytical skills, which evolved from early academic training in Networking, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline. Minimum of 5 years' experience in a variety of infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams when conducting incident root cause analysis.
- Serve as the technical expert in the Azure cloud.
- Proficient in continuous integration, continuous delivery concepts (DevOps), with DevSecOps highly desirable.
- Any AWS, AWS, GCP, Nutanix, Meraki, Cisco, or security certifications.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Knowledge of WAN technologies, including MPLS, SD-WAN
- Knowledge of cloud-provided infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Prior experience implementing/maintaining Cisco ELA products including DNA, Firepower, ISE Management console, Umbrella, AMP, Stealth watch, as well as Splunk, SolarWinds, Varonis, and Darktrace
- Project management skills are highly desirable
- Proficiency in hybrid cloud, virtualization, Server OS, SAN, SMTP, email relay, email security, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of Cisco network switches, routers, firewalls and VPN, DLP, antivirus, IDS/IPS, SIEM, SQL VDI, and Security concepts
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Previous experience in a HIPAA/FDA regulated environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues, and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings innovative ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence.
- Possesses the ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks. Recognizes and attends to vital details with accuracy and efficiency. Effectively prioritizes the work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks, and plans. Anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Develops/ maintains effective working relationships by listening attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal) while relating to people in an open/ sincere manner and participating effectively in meetings. This individual will also help find solutions, identify problems, communicate appropriately with the supervisor, and interact with co-workers. Able to maintain a calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Diagnoses problems efficiently, gather sufficient input before making decisions or plans, makes timely decisions, quickly determines sources of problems, identifies information needed to solve problems, analyzes and communicates issues with effective alternative solutions to the team.
- Sensitive & responsive to internal customer needs, demonstrate customer service skills, maintains a positive attitude, is willing to listen to customer problems, seeks solutions, and stays in tune with customers' changing needs.